Are you sitting around a damaged Apple Watch Series 2 or Apple Watch Series 3? Apple could replace it for free under a new replacement program announced openly on Friday, there’s a possibility.
Apple has announced an extended replacement program for the models Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 with aluminum casings.
From Apple’s support document published today:
“In very rare instances,” aluminum models of the above-mentioned watches can develop cracks around the curved edges of the glass that can spread around the screen.
Apple’s new Screen Replacement Program includes a particular form of screen cracking that could affect models sold between September 2016 and September 2019.
How can I get it?
- You can bring affected device to a licensed specialist in an Apple Store or you can contact Apple Support online.
- Apple will replace the screen or Watch for free if the device is qualified.
- The programme, whichever is longer, is valid for three years from the date of the first retail purchase or one year from the beginning of the substitute program.
- Apple also given guidance on how to prepare the Watch for repair or substitution before handing it in.
- This is not a warranty extension and only includes the screen if it is harmed in the way Apple has described.
Apple also contributes this to the replacement program’s duration:
The program covers eligible aluminum models of Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 for three years after the first retail sale of the unit or one year from the start date of this program, whichever is longer.
Over the years, Apple Watch has been included in comparable replacement programs, including two that repaired extended first-gen and Series 2 batteries as well as a program that affected back covers.